Feature request - Mac shares, IIS control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request - Mac shares, IIS control

I'd like to be able to manage Macintosh shares and IIS sites from Hyena. They're a couple of the few things I still have to rely on MS Computer Management for.

Re: Feature request - Mac shares, IIS control

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know about the IIS functions, but Microsoft considers its Mac shares interface proprietary and does not publish any interfaces for it.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

That figures...

Comment

I too am interested in IIS control as nowadays it is part of an administraotr's daily tasks. Any word on when this might be included? I noticed the last post was 5 months ago.

Thanks,

Peter

Comment

I thought I had found the perfect admin tool, but browsing our main file server, I saw none of the Macintosh files shares, open files etc. Searching the forum, I found this old topic. As more than 50% of the computers on our network are Macintosh, I'm missing the funcionality in Hyena. (Just downloaded the 30-day demo).

So MS considers its Macintosh File Services a secret. It's no secret that they don't work very well. They are not integrated in the system (can't create a Mac share from the Explorer) and they don't work on cluster servers.

Comment

Do you have any update on if IIS management will be supported in the future version of Hyena? We have 40+ IIS servers with many more web sites. Any integration with Hyena would be a big plus. Thank you.

Comment

I don't know much about IIS, but what tool do you use to manage it now ?(if its an MMC snapin, give me the name/MSC file name.
              Kevin Stanush
              SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X