• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jariR
    replied
    Re: Quick connect

OK, thanks!

I didn't think of that. Now the only problem is that when I open some non-reachable domain it takes a while until the search for the domain controller times out...

Regards,
    Jari

Leave a comment:

• kstanush
    replied

The only way that we have of accessing a computer directly is either through Object Manager or View Computer. Remember, the domain does not have to be their domain, it can be any domain, even yours.

Leave a comment:

• jariR
    replied

Thanks, but that is possible on after I have created the Windows Domain object for that customer (a lot of small customers...). What I would like to have is a way to connect to an occasional target computer without having to add anything to the normal object view.

Regards,
    Jari

Leave a comment:

• kstanush
    replied

If you are using a "Windows Domain" object, right click on Computers, select View Computer..." and type in the Netbios name or tcp/ip name of the computer. It does not have to be a member of the domain.

Leave a comment:

• jariR
    started a topic Quick connect

Quick connect

Would it be possible to have an empty "quick connect" text box in object view so that I could just write in the name or ip address of the computer I need to administer (along with the user ID and password, if necessary)?
    Most of my customers do not have domains, just workgroups and I don't like adding their computers to my object list just for a little one-time job.

Thanks in advance,
    Jari
Working...
X