Discrepancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrepancies

Hyena is Great. A few things I have noticed, though. The logon times differ from that of NT EventViewer by about 6 seconds. Any ideas on what the cause of this would be? Also some logons are shown in Hyena that cannot be verified by EventViewer or other software. Hyena specifies the logon domain, but I cannot verify through extensive searching. Any ideas?

Re: Discrepancies

The 6 seconds of time difference is probably due to a difference between how Hyena and the NT Event Viewer format the time. We have a new patch that I can give you (email me at [email protected] if you want it) that might fix this problem. NT stores most time values as the number of seconds from some data in 1970, so the number gets very, very big and the routines that convert it to a readable data are largely a black box, but we think that our new routine will work better.

As for the logon dates, I assume you mean through the "View User Logon Information" function, right ? If so, these dates/times are taken from the various controller SAMs. Its possible that a service logon or "connect as" could cause Event Viewer to not pickup the logon times, but I can't explain why the entries would otherwise be missing.

Post a reply if you need more explanation or if I don't understand.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X