X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move home directory when a user is deleted

Hyena version : 6.5 enterprise edition

Hello,

Our organization doesn't delete the home directory immediatly when a user is deleted.
    We move this home directory in another folder.

Is there a way to move automatically the home directory to another folder when a user is deleted or is there a way to launch a post job in hyena's interface (because we have a vbs to do this) when deleting a user?

Is this possible with the new hyena version 7?

Thanks fo your answers.

Re: Move home directory when a user is deleted

Go to Tools->Settings->User and at the bottom is a place where you can put the location of a batch file that will run on user adds, deletes, and modifications. The Help section of Hyena has an example on how this file should look.

Comment

Hello,

I've tried adding the path of the vbs in Tools->Settings->User but it doesn't help because it is launched each time we create,modify or delete a user.
      But wwe only want it to be launched when a user is deleted for non admin users.

Is there a way to go get it launched only when a user is deleted?

Comment

Yes, call it from a batch file instead, and put the name of the batch file in settings. You can call it from the DEL section like this:

@echo on
        if %1 == ADD goto ADD
        if %1 == MODIFY goto MODIFY
        if %1 == DEL goto DEL
        goto END

EL
        your_script_goes_here
        goto END

:ADD
        goto END

:MODIFY
        goto END

:END

[This message has been edited by cmccullough (edited 02-12-2007).]

Comment

Thanks for the answer i'll give a try when i can and i'll tell you if it does the job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
          <span style="font-weight: bold">Yes, call it from a batch file instead, and put the name of the batch file in settings. You can call it from the DEL section like this:

@echo on
          if %1 == ADD goto ADD
          if %1 == MODIFY goto MODIFY
          if %1 == DEL goto DEL
          goto END

EL
          your_script_goes_here
          goto END

:ADD
          goto END

:MODIFY
          goto END

:END

[This message has been edited by cmccullough (edited 02-12-2007).]</span></div></div>

Comment

Hi!

It's ok. It works like a charm.

We did create a bat file (with your contribution) which launches a vbs file to move the home directory of the user when it is deleted.

Thanks for all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by icyfred:
            <span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks for the answer i'll give a try when i can and i'll tell you if it does the job.

</span></div></div>

Comment

Working...
            X