Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Folder Creation

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a profile folder as well as the home directory folder?

I have the folder creation, share and NTFS permissions down fine for the home drive share. But i was wondering if we could create the folder the profile of the user saves to at the same time to completely automate new user creation.

Re: Profile Folder Creation

The way to do this would be to create a batch file that creates the directory. Enter in the name and path to this file in the After creating home directory, run box at the bottom of your home directory template. The help file gives more information on this.

Comment

I have tried creating a batch file with the following command:

md \\server\share\%1

but doesnt seem to work. Im obviously doing something wrong but not quite sure what!

Comment

Put a pause at the end of your batch file so you can see what is happening when it runs. This will let you see if any errors are occurring in your batch file.

Also, go to Tools->Settings->User and make sure the box is checked to Show batch file command windows.

Comment

I tick this box but when i go back in again it doesnt save the option, so the DOS window does not open.

Comment

Are you using a Shared settings file under Tools->Settings->General? If so, you'll need to either remove the entry from there or check the box to save settings.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem.

I've created a batch file to create the Profiles directory and apply the correct permissions and stored it as c:\set_perms.bat

When I create a new user it doesn't even run this batch file - I get the error message :

Unable to execute batch file procedure named 'c:\set_perms.bat'. Make sure that this file exists or that it can be created in the current working directory....

Any ideas whay it won't even run my batch file???

Many Thanks,

Anthony.

Comment

Ok iv got mine sorted. The problem was i had a space in the share name which it didnt seem to like.

Alivingstone, you need to link the batch file to a shared folder somewhere which is probably why its not working?

Comment

Cool - sorted now.

Thanks for that - didn't see anywhere where it said you couldn't use a local path for this batch file!

Cheers,

Anthony.

Comment

You can use a local path, so I'm not sure why it didn't work with a local path. Hyena just executes whatever file name you specify.
                    Kevin Stanush
                    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Ah yes sorry, probably worded that badly I put my batch file in the area where my profile folders were being created. Saves a bit of hassle and less likely for it to be deleted!

Comment

Does anyone have a .bat and/or VB script that they are already using for creating profile folders and applying permissons for users? I would like to modify it for my use rather than recreating the wheel. Can you post them here?

Thanks

Comment

HELP! Does anyone have a script that will work? This is a piece that is missing and I would like to be able to create the profile folder and set permissions at the time of account creation. I know SOMEONE out there is doing this and has figured it out.

Thanks again.

Please post your solution here

Comment

Working...
                          X