Can not create hidden shares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not create hidden shares

Am considering purchasing Hyena software and have downloaded the demo to give it a try. Am running into the following issue.

I am trying to create a hidden share for users on one of our servers. The hidden share folder should be named the same as the user name, while the actual share name should be hidden:

ie. user=danobobo
    homefolder name should be danobobo
    share name should be danobobo$

have tried the following:

New home directory mask:
    \\servername\%username%$ Drive H:

Share directory local mask:
    h:\users$\%username%
    (note: the users$ hidden share is already created on server)

Share directory remote mask:
    \\server\users$\%username%

receive message of unable to complete home directory configuration. unable to create home directory share danobobo$ on \\server. The device or directory does not exist.

If I change the new home directory mask to:
    \\servername\user$\%username%$ Drive H:
    the folder gets created with the username$ (would like this to be just the user name) and the share does not get created.

Re: Can not create hidden shares

Your first example would be correct, but I think the problem is with your Share Directory Local Mask:

h:\users$\%username%

Users$ is the name of the share, but is that also the directory name? That path should be as if you are looking in Explorer on that computer. I would assume this should be:

h:\users\%username%

Without the $. Also, the H: part of that must be the physical drive on the server. So, if they are to be created in the users directory on the D: drive, your mask would look like:

d:\users\%username%

If that is the case change the H$ in the other mask to D$ as well.

Comment

Re: Can not create hidden shares

thanks that appears to have corrected the problem

Comment

Working...
      X