Changing existing user templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing existing user templates

I have configured a template in Hyena 5.2 for all terminal users,I can choose which template to use when I create a new use but when I need to migrate users I can't seem to change or choose a template to use but need to enter the paths manually,how can I change the template settings on existing users.

Re: Changing existing user templates

Make sure you have the box checked to Confirm template prior to usage (when copying users) under Tools->Settings->Home Dir.

Comment

Hi

This is clicked already,the problem is that when I go into the user I want to migrate I have not been able to find the place to change the template and not received any popup asking me,if I put in the new home directory manually then I get a popup that asks for the template and I choose the correct one but only the home directory appears correctly in the settings

Comment

When modifying an existing user, you'll need to make the change to the field, then Hyena will apply the change from the template.

For example, if you need to change the Terminal Server Home Directory from \\serverA\TSusers\%username% to \\serverB\TSusers\%username%, you'll select your user, then change the path to \\serverB\TSusers\%username%. When you click OK, Hyena will detect that you made a change and should prompt you for the template to use.

Once you select your template, Hyena will use the settings from the template to create the new directory and share.

Comment

Working...
        X