Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to find access logs/audit logs for all ADMIN users for all machines

Hi,
    Am totally new to Hyena. I searched the net for a tool that would help me get auditing information to track ALL access details for All administrator users (local admin and network admin users) that access each server in our network.However i couldnt progress much. I am sure Hyena is veryyyyyy goood and it looks promoising. Seeing all servers and users listed and other details really makes Hyena look very promising. Sad is i need help to guide me throguh this powerfull tool.
    Plz answer my query and also guide me where i can get tutorials on using Hyena?

Another question:
    I have tried clicking on WMI ready made queries and i keep getting error " Unable to connect to WMI 'Servername' ...ect etc
    What does this mean? Do i have to install Hyena on each sever and get details by accessing each server it self with Admin login?

More details:
    I have installed Hyena on my machine which is Win 7 64 Bit.
    I am trying to get details of one of our network servers which is MS Windows server 2003, Standard edition,and service pack 2.

I have accessed my machine (on which Hyena is installed) using my network login and then run Hyena by right clicking on its .exe file and 'Run as Administrator' .

Re: Want to find access logs/audit logs for all ADMIN users for all machines

What is the rest of the error message? Basically the last part of the message gives you details on what the problem is.

Comment

Hi
      the full msg for WMI error is:
      Unable to connect to WMI on \\Servername: win32 HRESULT ox80070005=>Access is denied

Also, appreciate if you can please tell me how can i get the following details from Hyena for our servers
      get access login details or history for users who have administrator right for example if we have server x on which we 3 users A, B, and C and all of them belong to administrator group or have admin rights then i want to find out for, the last lets say week, the times at which each user tried to access the server and the duration of each access. This is my main concern. Our auditors want us to get Audit log details and we are looking for a sw that procvide us such details.
      Many Many thanx

Comment

For the WMI error you are getting, read through the information here:

http://www.systemtools.com/toolboard...some-computers

The KB article referenced there has some good information too.

On your reporting questions, the Exporter Pro utility in Hyena gives you the members of the administrators groups on a selection of computers. We don't have a way to report login history, though. You can get LastLogin in user reports, but login history would probably require filtering the event logs for the logon events. We don't have any information on that, though.

Comment

Working...
        X