X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pejmar
    • Apr 2024

PASSWD_NOTREQD

I'm looking at an AD dump and notice that there are many users that show PASSWD_NOTREQD
    . Investigating some further this is not set anywhere so I'm assuming the user has to enter a password and the report is only causing me pain with the auditors. ANybody know where this may have been set but more important how i can change it to get the auditors off my back.
  • pejmar
    • Apr 2024

Re: PASSWD_NOTREQD

Hoping someone can answer this question......why? We have run a script to correct this and have confirmed there are no users with the erroneous passwd_notreqd appearing on our report. Now 30 days later more have reappeard on our current report with some users appearing on both reports. sigh

Comment

• cmccullough

The information in the thread referenced above is all that we have on that attribute.

Comment

• kstanush
        Administrator
        • Sep 2000

As a test, see what happens if you remove the attribute (I assume you removed it by using a script or Hyena's Manage Directory Attributes feature), then modify a user property in Hyena and click OK. I wonder if Windows is putting the flag back when the user account is updated, even if it wasn't set initially.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X