Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow user editing Windows 7 x64 and 2008R2

Hi.

I'm trying to set two variables (TS/RDS Profile and TS/RDS Home) on a set of users. From what I can see this takes about 10 seconds for 1 user and 240 seconds for 10 users. I need to change this value for 1700 users....... Is this normal behavior?

Client is Windows 7 x64, Domain is 2008R2 with 3 sites (I've tried connecting to the PDC and the DC in my site as ADSI server). All firewalls are off. I have installed RSAT, but Hyena is telling me it's not installed.

Re: Slow user editing Windows 7 x64 and 2008R2

Go to File->Manage Object View->Objects and click on your domain. Verify that the ADSI Path is in the format of LDAP://domain.com and not just LDAP://domain. If that is good, then test setting an ADSI Server, but that format for that should be just Server, and not Server.domain.com.

Comment

That is normal. The TS functions are very VERY slow. Hyena only sets the ones that you modify, so there isn't anything you can do, or us either for that matter.

There is a free command line utility on our site, TSCMD, that you can use to do this in batch. Test on a few users first, then just have Hyena create a script for you (Tools->Generate Macro), or just reply back and we can give more details.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I must have been tired, I meant that one user takes 10 seconds and 24 users take 240 seconds (so 10 seconds per user not matter how many you do).

@cmcullough: I've checked this and it is correct. Using LDAP://<FQDN> as ADSI Path and netbios name in ADSI server.

@kstanush: TSCMD could do the trick. I quickly browsed through that and though it would do the same as the GPO (ie change settings on the terminal server, not the AD user). Are there any more documentation other then readme.txt? One of the settings we're trying to do is change the TS/RDS Home from " " to "" (remove a white space). Does TSCMD support the same ~DEL value or this a Hyena and not AD specific value?

Comment

~DEL is specific to Hyena, and TSCMD can't blank out a value.

There's nothing else that can be done to try and speed things up for TS functions, unfortunately. The settings I had you look at can cause things to go even slower in some cases, but you have them set correctly.

Comment

An update, the latest version of TSCMD can now accept ~DEL to blank out (remove) a TS value.
            Kevin Stanush
            SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X