applying customized views to AD Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying customized views to AD Groups

Is there any way to copy a query from one query type to another? I have some good queries in the ALL USERS query type, but need to apply them to the ALL GROUPS type.

Any advice on creating and managing queries in Hyena for specific AD User groups, is most appreciated.

Re: applying customized views to AD Groups

You're better off creating the new queries manually. There is no way to copy them in Hyena. You could try editing the ad_queries.dat file, but that can be tricky and is not recommended. If you try that, make a copy of the file first in case you need to revert back to it.

Comment

thank you for the info. I am just plain having trouble getting a custom query for an Active Directory group that I have for my company users. It's an OU that I created. I can't seem to get a query to run over that folder in Hyena.

Comment

Can you give some more details on this?

Comment

Sorry that I am not explaining this very well, But within Active Directory, I created an organization unit called "COMPANY USERS". I have moved all my users into this unit, and this is how I manage current users for this company along with group policies, etc.

So within Hyena, I see COMPANY USERS as an OU under Containers/OU.

So, at this point I can see the user names in the left window, and there are only a couple of tabular views for me to try, mainly they are showing me, I believe attributes of the OU, not of the users withint it. I want to be able to create a query similar to the queries I can use when I am in the ALL USERS folder, such as First name, last name, Title, Phone, Login, etc.

I don't like using the queries from within Hyena's "all users" folder, because i see ALL the users in AD, not just specifically the ones for my company. I see my users, plus other user names that are created on the netowrk for other purposes, along with system generateed users. By looking with the COMPANY USERS OU, I only see current user names.

I hope i have explained this well.

So then when I try to create a query, I go to File, Manage Object view, the Object Manager Configuration Window appears.

From this window, I choose the AD Queries tab. From the AD queries tab, I assme that I should be pulling down "Container/OU' from the Query Type list.

At this point is hwere I get lost. As basically I beleive I'm see the attributes of the OU itself, not the attributes of the objects (My users) within it.

Comment

You can modify that query, but another way of doing this would be to double-click on your OU to display your users in the right window. In the right window select your users then right-click and go to Tabular Views and run the detailed query. To modify that you will modify the Active Directory User queries.

Comment

Working...
            X