Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groups - Pre-W2k Name

Hi,

Our admins have been using Hyena to rename groups. When I look at the Detailed view in Hyena I'm noticing the Directory Name for the group has been changed to the new name but the Pre-W2K Name still has the old name. I believe that this is causing issues in our environment. Is there a way to change the Pre-W2K Name with Hyena or ADUC or do I need to write a script to access this attribute?

Thanks.

Re: Groups - Pre-W2k Name

If you double-click on a group you can see and modify the Pre-Windows 2000 name.

Comment

Yep, I had this problem when renaming global groups. For instance kixtart reads the pre 2K name. Or at least the version of Kix we were running did. Simply right click the global group and select properties. Then change the pre 2K.

Comment

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that. I guess it's Monday.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Yep, I had this problem when renaming global groups. For instance kixtart reads the pre 2K name. Or at least the version of Kix we were running did. Simply right click the global group and select properties. Then change the pre 2K.</span>[/QUOTE]

Comment

Is there a problem doing the rename in Hyena or would I hit the same issue doing it in ADUC?
          Thanks.

<span style="font-weight: bold">If you double-click on a group you can see and modify the Pre-Windows 2000 name.</span>[/QUOTE]

Comment

No, Hyena simple uses the same conduits that the dsa.msc snapin uses. It's just better at job then dsa.msc.

Comment

ADUC will prompt you witha dialog box showing the Group name and the Group name (pre-Windows 2000). Hyena does not do this. So in this case I am steering our admins away from Hyena and encouraging them to use the ADUC snapin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Trammel:
              <span style="font-weight: bold">No, Hyena simple uses the same conduits that the dsa.msc snapin uses. It's just better at job then dsa.msc.</span></div></div>

Comment

I'll see about adding a new field for the Pre-2K field when renaming a group.
                Kevin Stanush
                SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Sorry Bill, must have misread that part. I now understand what you refering to. Good call

Comment

Thanks for checking into this one.

Comment

We'll have a beta version out next week that will have this new field.
                      Kevin Stanush

Comment

Wow, talk about results. Kevin, you guys ses to amaze me.

Comment

Our current beta of Hyena v6.6 includes this new field. The beta is now active.

To join the beta group, send a blank email to [email protected]

Thank you
                          Kevin Stanush

Comment

Working...
                          X