X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kstanush
    replied
    Re: adspath errors

This is an error that noone should ever get, as all AD objects have an ADsPath value. The next update (patch) to v6.7 will have a more descriptive error on why the error happened. Some things to try:

- Make sure that you have the AD tools (AdminPak.msi) from MIcrosoft installed.

- Make sure that any Windows 2000 domain has been configured as a Windows 2000/2003 object in Hyena (File->Manage Object View). Also, the LDAP path should use a DNS path like LDAP://mydomain.com.

If you change any of these and it makes the error go away, let us know. If neither of these apply, let us know too.

Leave a comment:

• njsmith
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by mpsamurai:
    <span style="font-weight: bold">
    When I right click on any user and choose Properties I get error "Unable to read Active Directory attribute adspath". Then it goes into the user properties dialog just as it should.

</span></div></div>

Was there a solution to this, I have just started to get it, but haven't used Hyena for a while, so I am not sure what changes have ocured during that time. (

Leave a comment:

• Trammel
    Guest replied

I am sure Chuck will get you straightend out but a bit more informatin about your setup would be helpful. Are you in a multiple domain? Are you the child or parent domain? Normaly Hyena has a problem on and off ( can't nail it down) that the location it looks will be in the child domain or parent domain. I wish they could focus it to Entire Directory.

Leave a comment:

• cmccullough
    Guest replied

Send the following screenshots to [email protected] :

File->Manage Object View->Objects
    The error message you are getting

Leave a comment:

• mpsamurai
    started a topic adspath errors

adspath errors

Hi, I have seen this topic once before but the solution was not evident.

When I right click on any user and choose Properties I get error "Unable to read Active Directory attribute adspath". Then it goes into the user properties dialog just as it should.

Also this error will appear if I enter Properties dialog for a Computer and choose the 'Member Of' tab.

I know I have seen this error in a few other places in my Hyena but I can't remember where. These two are the ones that drive me nuts every day.

Any one else seen this problem.

Thanks
Working...
X