Error message when trying to modify Dialin Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error message when trying to modify Dialin Tab

Help desk agents who modifying user accounts via Hyena receive the following error message when they make changes to the Dialin Tab: Unable to access RAS information for <user account> on <Domain Controller> Access is denied.
    This message only comes up when changes have been made to the Dialin tab, and the agent is going to close the window. If no changes are made to Dialin, there is no error.
    Thoughts appreciated.
    Thanks.

-Tim

Re: Error message when trying to modify Dialin Tab

It sounds like your help desk users don't have sufficient permissions to modify RAS information. If this is AD, we aren't sure what permissions you would need for this. You can view a user's attributes and see that when set, these properties typically start with msRADIUS.

Comment

I'll have to look into that... It is AD.
      The odd thing is that they have had this ability for some time now, and there's nothing I can isolate that has changed in AD security which would bring this on.
      Thanks.

-Tim

Comment

I was able to make changes to the Dialin Tab using one of the Help Desk Agent's logins from the local LAN. The Help Desk Agents actually sit in another subnet, and use a Terminal Server Session to connect to this network to make changes.
        This functionality has worked fine for quite a while, and just yesterday started causing problems...
        If that helps, any solutions would be appreciated.
        Thanks!

-Tim

Comment

If the problem just started, then see what could have changed in that time period.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

The help desk downloaded version 6.3 and was able to get it working. I guess someone else had posted a similar problem here, and this was the solution.
            Thanks for your help.

-Tim

Comment

Working...
            X