Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrate users

Isn't there an easy way to copy all the user accounts from one group in one
    NT domain to another group in another 2000 active directory?

Re: Migrate users

Do you want to copy the user accounts (ie create the user accounts), or just 'copy' the group members of one group to another ?
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I have an old NT domain that I need to get 100 user accounts out of before we shut it down. I have them in a group. I really need no atributes with them or anything.

I am copying them from one domain into an active directory.

Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by kstanush:
      <span style="font-weight: bold">Do you want to copy the user accounts (ie create the user accounts), or just 'copy' the group members of one group to another ?</span></div></div>

Comment

Well I tried the "Copy To" function and just copied the account to a DC in the destination and it seems to work. The only weird thing is that under "Account" it doesn't have a logon and a domain suffix. Not sure what issues that may cause.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Quiggley:
        <span style="font-weight: bold">I have an old NT domain that I need to get 100 user accounts out of before we shut it down. I have them in a group. I really need no atributes with them or anything.

I am copying them from one domain into an active directory.

Hope this helps.

</span></div></div>

Comment

If I understand you right, and you want to create these users, we unfortunately don't have a way of copy users from one computer to another based on a group membership. But if you right click on any selected user(s) in either window, you can select Copy User(s) To and enter the name of the computer to copy the users to. Everything except the password will be copied.
          Kevin Stanush

Comment

You don't need the logon and domain suffix (I don't think anyway), but test this by logging on with one of the accounts. NT does not have this data which is why its not copied over.
            Kevin Stanush

Comment

Yep. Did it. Tested it on the AD and logged in with the account and all seems to work fine. Almost too simple. :-)

Thanks!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by kstanush:
              <span style="font-weight: bold">You don't need the logon and domain suffix (I don't think anyway), but test this by logging on with one of the accounts. NT does not have this data which is why its not copied over.</span></div></div>

Comment

Working...
              X