understanding how lastlogon works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• understanding how lastlogon works

If I run a custom AD query that I have setup to show the "lastlgon" sometimes it will show a date with the lastlogon of a test user that I have sometimes it will show no date. I noticed that it depends on which DC it is looking at. I see this by the line above the query (eg 8047 'User' objects displayed from 'LDAP://servername')
    1) Is there a way to have it check all of the DC's and display the correct lastlogon regardless of the DC that it used for the logon.

2) Does anyone know if OWA (outlook web access) hitting a server in the domain will show as a logon or do they have to be logged into the domain.

Re: understanding how lastlogon works

1. The user exports in Exporter Pro have an option to check all controllers and show only the latest date/time found for each user.

2. We don't know the answer to that one, but should be fairly easy for you to test since you have this in your environment.

Comment

So there isn't a way to have it check all DC's with the "AD Queriers"

Is there a way to change what DC it is looking at?

I can't fully grasp how to get Exporter Pro to export what I want\need.

Comment

It can't check all domain controllers, but you can specify a controller by right-clicking on your domain and choosing Set Source Domain Controller.

If you send an email to [email protected] I have some instructions on how to use Exporter Pro for this.

Comment

Hyena can't check all DCs during an AD query because that would cripple performance. You can set a particular DC either in Object Manager (File->Manage Object View) and provide a DC for the ADSI Server name for the domain, or as indicated in the previous post.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X