Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Exporting and Importing

Hello All,
    Pretty new to the SystemTools products and have a few questions.

I had originally thought Hyena would allow me to Export and Import my Groups/Members/Users. I was able to export them to the text files and edit out the ones I do not want. Now how do I import them onto the other server?

I haven't found a way in Hyena yet, but I saw the User Commander program.. So I downloaded it. I don't see where to import Groups and as for the users, I don't see where it gives me the option to Import the SID like I exported in Hyena 6.0.

Is User Commander what I'm supposed to be using or is the utility to import the text files built into Hyena as well and I'm just missing it somewhere? I like the idea behind these tools..but from what I'm seeing I have to have Hyena to export, User Command to Import and Copy Password to set the passwords. Can some one tell me where I've gone astray?

Thank you.

Re: User Exporting and Importing

Hyena won't be able to import data, but User Commander can import from a text file. You can't specify a SID, though as that will be handled by Windows.

Another option would be to use Hyena to simply copy the users/groups from one computer to another.

Comment

But Exporter Pro that is included with Hyena 6 allows the sid to be exported? Can it not in turn be imported? By copying the users, will that allow the sid to be copied to the other server as well?

[This message has been edited by rjwilliams (edited 11-17-2004).]

Comment

Whether you add a user or copy an existing user, Windows is still creating a new account, and will assign a SID at that point.

Comment

So the SID that is pulled when exporting the user information with Exporter Pro can not be used at all?

Comment

It's used for reporting so you can see information for existing users.

Comment

Working...
            X