Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Message: Unable to retrieve user list from ..... The RPC server is unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message: Unable to retrieve user list from ..... The RPC server is unavailable

Dear all,

We have a problem that only occurs with hyena. One of my colleagues decided that it would be a nice idea to just remove one of our BDC’s from our NT4.0 network. This server was also a WINS/DNS server.

The problem that we now have is the following. Using the NT user manager works fine but if I use hyena to open the user list I get the following error message:

Error Message: Unable to retrieve user list from[list=1] The RPC server is unavailable

The following steps have been undertaken:
    - The old server has been completely cleared from the WINS list
    - The old server has been cleared from the DNS servers
    - All reference (NT server manager) to the old server has been cleared.

We are at a loss. The network runs fine but we cannot use hyena to admin the users.

Does anyone have any clues?

PS: we do not have an AD environment

Thanx

Geordy Korte

Re: Error Message: Unable to retrieve user list from ..... The RPC server is unavailable

Go to File->Manage Object View and click on this domain. Is the server listed in either of the boxes at the bottom? If so, remove it from there, click Update and then OK.

If not, there is something still responding with that computer name. Hyena doesn't store this data (except in the case mentioned above where you have set it that way) but rather requests this each time.

Comment

Re: Error Message: Unable to retrieve user list from ..... The RPC server is unavailable

YES....

Thanx a hole bunch... Now to kick the hell out of the other sysadm... ;-)

Comment

Working...
      X