Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy members to group

Hi all,

I try to copy members from a local group to another one but it seems to do nothing !
    I use the "copy members to group" option.

any idea ? thanks.

Re: copy members to group

Make sure the target group is also a local group. You can't cross group types.

Comment

I check and th etwo groups are local groups. When Hyena asks the name of the group where I want to do the copy, whatever the answer, it seems to do nothing, and I have not any message !

Is it possible to display Hyena's messages ?

Thank you very much, Marie.

Comment

Give us more details on this such as what version of Hyena you are using, what exact steps you are taking, etc. Also verify that the members are not copied to the target group. I ran this just now and it worked fine. There's no success message, but the copy still worked.

Comment

Hi,

I use Hyena v5.7 and these are the steps I'm taking :
          - I right click on the source local group
          - I chose "copy members to group"
          - I tape the name of the target local group (which ever contains some users and groups)
          - I click OK
          - I click on the target local group
          - I refresh
          - I display the members of the target local group but there only the old members in it.

even when I tape a group name as "toto" that doesn't exist, there is no error message !

Thanks a lot, Marie (and sorry, I'm completely new in use of Hyena).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
          <span style="font-weight: bold">Give us more details on this such as what version of Hyena you are using, what exact steps you are taking, etc. Also verify that the members are not copied to the target group. I ran this just now and it worked fine. There's no success message, but the copy still worked.</span></div></div>

Comment

Thanks for reporting this problem and sorry for these troubles. You found a rather rare situation where our software compiler built something that just does not work. Verify for me that you are performing this action from Hyena's right window. In my test, this action worked when performed from the left window. We are finishing a patch to Hyena v6.0 (rev 'C') which will fix this problem for you. We plan on releasing this patch either later today or Monday.

Thanks
            Kevin Stanush
            SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I 've performed this action from the left window
              Thanks for all, Marie.

Comment

Working...
              X