Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error accessing user properties in AD

Hello,

I am evaulating Hyena for our company. We used to use it a few years back but we have not kept up to date and I am trying to get my manager to update our liceses. I have downloaded the latest demo and everything is working fine except for when I try to access user properties. When I right click on a user and select properties I get the following error:

Unable to access user policies on <domain>. The network path path was not found.

I am not sure what is causing this error since all other AD functions seem to be working properly.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric

Re: Error accessing user properties in AD

Send a screen shot of that error to [email protected].

If you are currently getting to this user through All Users, try going through Containers/OUs to get to your users and let us know if you get the same error. If you are going through Containers/OUs now, try through All Users and see if that makes any difference.

Also, go to Tools->Settings->Active Directory and check/uncheck the box to Show shell property pages by default for user objects. Let us know if changing this setting makes any difference.

[This message has been edited by cmccullough (edited 06-23-2004).]

Comment

Wow! That was a fast response. I am trying the 'All Users' route right now but it will take a few minutes since our domain has about 55000 user accounts. Once I try that if it fails I will send the screenshot... I was trying it through an OU object I created in object manager originally.

Comment

I was able to access the properties through the All Users view. I then went back and checked the "Show shell property pages by default..." box in the AD settings and it now works through the view I created. Thank you for such a quick response and thank you for such a great product... I hope to be a customer soon!

Eric

Comment

Working...
        X