Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers

Once again I am lookig for a quick fix for help. I may have already asked this before. Not sure.. I want to select all the computers, and then generate a report, that will let me know what the service pack level is on each pc. Just what is the exporter pro used for.. Is it for this type of function, or something else .

As always thanks for your help and patience.

Re: Computers

This is exactly the type of reporting you can use Exporter Pro for. You can select either your domain or selection of computers in Hyena, then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects. Click the Settings button and configure what you want to export then Start Export.

Comment

I see where I can do that, I chose my desktop. (just using the out of the box configuration) I did the export. It said it was done. What format does it create a file into.. I.E. what do I use, to read the values that were exported.. I would love to go the the Hyena training class, but I know my company would never pay for it.. It is this type of extra stuff the I rarely use, that I would like to know more about.

Comment

This creates a delimited text file that you can open with Excel for further sorting and printing. When you configure the export, there is a box to specify the output filename and location. When the export is complete you can go to that location and open the file with Excel.

Comment

Well I finally got around to working with this, this morn.. I selected my pc, and made the necessary adjustments on the settings on Exporter Pro. Only I did not get the disired information. I was looking for the service pack level.. Is there an advanved feature I need to turn on, in order to get this. If I run just exporter, it gives the information that I want.. I guess I am a little confissed as to why they would be different.

Comment

In Exporter Pro, you can get this with the Hot Fixes & Patches export under Registry.

Comment

Working...
            X