Create multiple users reading off a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create multiple users reading off a file

I have about 150 users to create with almost same atributes. Does Hyena support multiple users creation? Such as read off a file with user's information and create user's IDs. Thank you.

Re: Create multiple users reading off a file

Hyena only creates single accounts. To create multiple accounts from a text file (including home directory automation), use User Commander:
    http://www.systemtools.com/uc

The trial version of User Commander is fully functional and is limited to only importing ten (10) user accounts at a time.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

It worked great! One issue though I may not have the correct file with right header sequence, user id gets created fine but other attributes are not appending at the right field. Would you happen to have a file with right header format that I can use it to test out? Thank you in advance.

Comment

You configure the fields you want to add, and what order they are in your file under Settings->Import Users.

The order you specify there needs to match the order that you have the fields in your input file.

Comment

Great! Again worked perfect according to the fields listed on import menu. I need add more attributes. Such as user logon name, addresses, phone numbers, organization etc. How do I configure the file for this perpose? or is it possible using User Commander?

Comment

At this time User Commander cannot handle the other fields.

Comment

Working...
            X