Changing Passwords for Multiple Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Passwords for Multiple Users

I need to reset the password for dozens of users at a time. What is the best way to utilize Hyena to do this? I assume I should pull a txt file of userid list but, how do I start? Thanks in advance. Joe

Re: Changing Passwords for Multiple Users

To do this you must first list the users in Hyena's right window so you can multiple-select them. You can do this by double-clicking on Domain Users or Users.

Once in the right window, select the users you want to modify by Ctrl-clicking on them. Then right-click over one of the selected users and choose User Properties.

Type in the new password and click OK. Hyena will then set the password for these users.

Comment

cmc,
      Thanks for your reply. I was hoping for a faster way than to select the users one-by-one. It's possible to reset multiple userid password using a script and txt file but, I don't know scripting. I hope that Hyena has a canned process. Joe

Comment

You can select users by using either the Control of Shift keys, or by sorting/filtering the user list by some criteria, then selecting them.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X