Properties for all users in OU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Properties for all users in OU

I have over 10,000 users in AD so opening "All Users" for the domain isn't practical. How can I view detailed info for all users in an OU (or OU tree)? I need info such as when the users' passwords were last set.

Re: Properties for all users in OU

If you have created a Windows 2000 Domain object for your domain in Object Manager, you can simply expand your domain, then expand Containers/OUs and find the OU you want to view.

If you need help creating this object, send an email to [email protected] and we will help.

Comment

I am able to view the contents of an OU. However I want to be able to bring up a tabular view for the contents of a container, similar to "Container/OU (Summary)" where the properties aren't generic object properties but properties specific to users, computers or groups.

I tried to create a query using type "Container/OU" but the only schema attibutes available are very generic. I'd like to view attributes like pwdlastset or userworkstations for all objects in a container.

Comment

The way to do this is to double-click on the container so that your objects are displayed in the right window. In the right window you can select the objects you want to see these attributes for, then right-click and choose your query.

The objects will need to be of the same type, so only select users for a users query, etc.

Comment

When I right click on an object (or objects) in the right window I do not see "Listing Views" or "Tabular Views" in the menu unlike when I right click on an object in the left window.

Is there an option which I haven't turned on?

Comment

Send a screen shot of this so we can see how you are getting to this point to [email protected].

Comment

Attached is the screenshot as a .jpg file.
              --John

I can't duplicate this, but I notice you are running an older version so as a test go ahead and download and install 4.2 from our website. You can install it into a different directory for purposes of this test, and can
              download from http://www.systemtools.com/hyena/download_frame.htm

Let me know if it has the same behaviour.

--Chuck McCullough

Wow! That did it. I only downloaded Hyena to evaluate a month ago. I didn't think it would be obsolete that quickly. This gives me the capability I needed and couldn't get with ADU&C. I'll put in a request to buy a license now.
              --John

Comment

Working...
              X