Unable to delete directory object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to delete directory object

I have had and used Hyena for many years but not much in the last 2 years. I am not sure what has changed (must be on my side of things) but when attempting to delete user object in Hyena v13.8 I receive "Unable to delete directory object" >access denied. I am authenticating to Hyena with the same Elevated Administrator account that I use directly on our DC's. I have attached the error. And I can delete the same user object directly in AD. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Assuming you are just running Hyena under the account you are logged in with, then AD is giving you an 'Access is Denied' error because UAC is removing some admin rights. So you will need to run Hyena 'As Administrator' by right clicking or shift right clicking on the shortcut and selecting the 'Run As Admin' option. If this does not address the issue, then let me know what you mean by '...authenticating to Hyena with the same Elevated Administrator account that I use...".

Thanks
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I typically logon to my desktop with my un-elevated account and bring up management tools with elevated administrator logons (run as administrator). After logging out of Hyena and relaunching as "run as Admin" it is working for me today. So, I must have had a mental lapse yesterday. Thank you for the sanity check.

Comment

Glad you got it working
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X