Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error "Unable to bind to Active Directory object xxx. The RPC server is unavailable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error "Unable to bind to Active Directory object xxx. The RPC server is unavailable.

We have Hyena installed on a server in domain A. We have also domain B in a DMZ environment that we want to handle with hyena.
    We can handle domain B in ADUC. I can connect to the domain B in aduc and change domain controller, this will also show the 4 DCs we have installed in that domain.
    But when I rightclick the domain in hyena and choose "set source domain controller" Available Domain Controllers is empty and I receive
    "Unable to bind to Active Directory object xxxxx. The RPC server is unavailable.

Br
    Anders

That error indicates that AD is rejecting the request to connect (bind) to AD using the path shown in the error message. Assuming the DC is online, its probably blocked through your firewall or just not accessible for some reason. I suggest that you do not use this option, as its not needed. The 'Set Source Domain Controller' is a shortcut for specifying a specific DC when getting data from AD. Generally, you can let AD decide this for you, but if you want a specific DC to be used, ie for performance reasons, you can specify that in the ADSI Server field in Object Manager. The Object Manager is the first toolbar button, click on the domain, and set a DC there and also make sure the LDAP path is a DNS path to the domain. You generally should provide a DNS path to the DC.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X