First time errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time errors

When I am trying to conect remotely to a computer, I am getting the following errors:

Unable to copy 'c:\program files\realvnc\vnc4\winvnc4.exe to ....The system cannot find the path specified.

After that I click OK and I have the following error:

Unable to copy 'c:\program files\realvnc\vnc4\wm_hooks.dll to ....The system cannot find the path specified.

and so on...

Could you help me?

Thank you,
    Florin

Re: First time errors

Make sure you install VNC on your computer. Hyena doesn't ship with VNC, so you'll have to grab it online and install it on your computer first.

Comment

I do have installed real VNC 4.1.2

Comment

Verify that you've installed it in the path listed in the error message. If not you can go to Tools->Settings->Remote Control and edit the RCM file and give it the correct path information.

Comment

The path is correct.

Comment

Sorry, I just noticed your last post. You're going to have to do some troubleshooting on your end on this one.

When you use this feature, it copies files for VNC from the specified directory on your computer to a directory on the remote computer. You are getting path not found errors. So, either the files don't exist on your computer, in the directory specified, or the remote path doesn't exist or can't be reached.

This could be an issue resolving to the remote computer, the remote computer could be offline, etc.

You can manually go out to the Command Prompt on your computer and try to copy one of the files mentioned in the errors to a directory on the remote computer. Use the errors you get from that process to see if you can figure out why it can't copy the files.

Comment

The files are where suppose to be and the remote computer is online up and running.

Comment

Send the following screenshots to [email protected]:

1. The error message you get
                2. The Command Prompt showing you copying a file to that remote computer

Comment

Working...
                X