6.3 failure, reinstall/repair failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.3 failure, reinstall/repair failure

I had a good installation of 6.3 on my desktop until this morning; in the middle of working with it, it crashed, giving an, "Application Error", The instruction at "0x78014a6d" referenced memory at 0x00000000". The memory could not be read. Repair failed with same error. Uninstall/reinstall failed with same error. Uninstall/reinstall to different location fails with same error. Suggestions?

Re: 6.3 failure, reinstall/repair failure

Somehow either one of your configuration files or registry settings have become corrupt. Save the following 2 registry keys to a file, then delete the keys:

hkey_current_user\software\adkins resource\hyena\win32

hkey_current_user\software\adkins resource\hyena\customize

Try running Hyena again, and if it starts email those keys to [email protected].

If that still doesn't get you up and running, rename the following directory:

c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\systemtools\hyena

After you do that, try running Hyena again, and if that zip your copy of that directory and email it to us.

Comment

Re: 6.3 failure, reinstall/repair failure

I had previously killed all registry entries, so I couldn't carry out part of your request; however, I renamed the hyena folder under my user name and it now works. Thanks much!

[This message has been edited by Extract_Digit (edited 08-04-2005).]

Comment

Working...
      X