List PC's by installed application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List PC's by installed application

I am needing to do an upgrade to 1K+ PC's and need to display only the PC's running the application so I can schedule a Job. Thanks for your help.

Re: List PC's by installed application

You can experiment with the WMI Win32_Product class. You would select your computers in the right-hand window, then right-click and choose WMI->Execute Query. Click the New button and enter Win32_Product in the WMI Class box, and enter a name for this query WMI Query Name box.

Click OK and it will display the properties for that class. Choose the fields you want (or all of them at first to see what information you get from each) and add them to the left.

In the Where Clause box you can enter the information you need to filter for the software you are looking for, like:

Caption = "Hyena"

Then click Execute Query.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I am able to find if a device has the app installed. But if you choose several devices to search it does not display the devise that is running it? I need to search 2k devices and find the 1k that run the app? Is there any way to do this?

Comment

I don't understand. Can you give details on what you mean that it doesn't display the device? If you have the _Server property added it will show what computer the software is found on.

Comment

Sorry, my stupidity did not see that field. I had removed everything but the Caption field due to an "error in query" I was getting. Works great now thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X