Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export ACL on UNC share

Hi!

I have a SAN share where I would like to know the ACL rights on certain folders.

Like this: \\share\topfolder\folder\subfolder

Would it be possible to export only the ACL rights from the "folder" and not the subfolder and how?

Re: Export ACL on UNC share

In Hyena you can right-click on the share/folder and choose View NTFS Security, then choose either the option for Selected items only, or the option for Selected item (first level).

If you want to use Exporter Pro you would enable the Security Access export and select the options you want, and also create a File/Directory template. The File/Directory template is where you configure the shares/folders you want to export, and it has an option where you can specify how many levels you want it to scan.

Comment

Hmm if I find the folder in Hyena and try to do an export I get this error: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4328844/Hyena.jpg

Which object should be marked/active when I try to do an export through the exporter pro?

The share is on a Netapp NAS box.

Comment

If viewing them in Hyena, you can use my first instructions to view security. To use the Exporter Pro option you will select the computer(s) with these shares, then on the File/Directory template you'll manually add the share/folders you want it to scan.

Comment

OK, now I'm trying through the exporter pro - only to output the folders on the share but no luck: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4328844/Hyena1.jpg

The first option is okay. Just like viewing the folder in windows explorer.

But I need to export ACL information from many folder in one batch.

Comment

Remove the \\filer1\ part from your Shared Directory Path.

Comment

Thank you like always!

Comment

I'm sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I have the same question as the OP. I've read your answer, but at a more basic level - how do I browse to the UNC share from within Hynea to begin with? (I'm running v9.2)

thank you.

Comment

You have to start with the computer the share(s) are on. Find the computer in the left window of Hyena, expand it, then expand Shares and you should see them listed there.

Comment

On my left hand side I see "My Computer" and "Enterprise". Is there a way to directly add the computer I'm interested in scanning?

Comment

Are you in a domain environment, or workgroup? If you're in a domain you should see an entry for it as well. You can add computers, though by going to File -> Manage Object View -> Objects, at the bottom choose the type of object you are adding, enter the details for it and click Add, then OK. You should see the new object(s) in the left window.

Comment

Yes I'm in a (multi) domain environment. All I see are my local workstation, and an Enterprise object which if I expand has All Computers and Networks. I don't want to enumerate either of those as it will probably try to scan every device it will find.

I did as you suggested and added the object of type Directory Path. I then followed the steps from your original post and I now see a list of all the users for that folder's ACL.

Thank you as always. You're a life saver.

Comment

Working...
                        X