Change mulitple users logon hours at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change mulitple users logon hours at the same time

How do I change multiple users logon hours at the same time?

Re: Change mulitple users logon hours at the same time

Select the users you want to modify in the right-hand window, then right-click and choose Propteries. Go to the Hours tab, set it the way you want and when you click OK all of the selected users will be set to those hours.

Comment

Hours tab isn't there.

Comment

Is the hours tab there if you look at the properties for a single user ?
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

no it is under account

Comment

Go to Tools->Settings->Active Directory and uncheck the box to Show shell property pages be default for user objects. Then view properties for a user and you should see a different user dialog. Do you have an Hours tab there?

Comment

nope

Comment

That is typically a permissions issue.

There is a particular registry key that Hyena accesses, so you can start by checking the security on the registry key on your servers to see if your account would have permissions to it:

hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\TimeZoneInformation

And also for the value of "Bias", which Hyena must be able to read.

Comment

I can get the the hours on the account tab so shouldn't I have permission to that key

Comment

No. Hyena's user dialogs allow you to change the logon hours for multiple users at once, and it requires accessing that registry key. The dialog you are viewing when you see the option on the Account tab is a Windows dialog.

Comment

If you are seeing options to modify the Logon Hours on the Account tab, then you are using Microsoft's Shell Properties. The Shell Properties (aka MMC) do not support the modification of the logon hours for multiple users.

Hyena's user properties dialog do allow modication of logon hours for multiple users. You can easily tell which dialog you are looking at, either:

1. If it looks like ADU&C / MMC, then you are looking at the Shell Properties.
                      2. If you have a separate tab labeled 'Hours', then you are looking at Hyena's user properties dialog. Since your Hours tab is missing, another way to tell is to look at the General tab, Hyena does 'not' have a user icon in upper left corner.

However, when you select multiple users, Hyena will always use its own Properties dialog, as the Shell Properties interface does not perform multi-user updates very well.

As indicated previously, about the only thing that will prevent the display of the Hours tab is a security problem reading the time zone information from the registry.
                      Kevin Stanush

Comment

I had the network guys do some checking and I can get to that registry entry no problem. But hyena still doesn't show the hours tab.

Comment

Try to create a new user using Hyena's user properties dialog (NOT the AD wizard) and see if you have an Hours tab.
                          Kevin Stanush

Comment

How do I tell if I am using Hyena Properties versus AD. I turned off the AD wizard and I still don't have hours.

Comment

Simple, if you are looking at the Properties dialog and it does not look like MMC's, then you are using Hyena's. Hyena also has a tab just labeled "Hours". The Shell Properties used by Hyena/MMC put the Hours information on the Account tab (Logon Hours button).

If you are using Hyena's interface, the easiest way to verify that the registry key can't be read would be to run Process Monitor from www.sysinternals.com and verify that the attempt by Hyena to read the TimeZoneInformation value is not working.
                              Kevin Stanush

Comment

Working...
                              X