Use Hyena from pc that is not registered on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Hyena from pc that is not registered on domain

I am visiting a site that has NO trusts with the domain I normally use. How do I use Hyena on my laptop that is not registered on the domain that I am visiting? I have been given an ordinary user account on the domain but am unable to create IPC$ connection (system 53 network path not found).

Re: Use Hyena from pc that is not registered on domain

What specifically are you going to need to do on that domain? Such as Active Directory reporting or functions, or information from individual computers?

Comment

I plan to view / export lists of users, groups including attributes of users (including date password last changed).

Comment

For Active Directory information try the Authentication Credentials function. Right-click on any Active Directory domain, and select 'Authentication Credentials...' The resulting dialog will prompt for a username and password combination. It's generally best to enter the username using the 'domain name\username' format.

Comment

I tried this already and have just tried again, I don't get that option when I right click on the domain I am interested in. I do get the option on another domain that is not relevant to the site in question. Any thoughts?

I am wondering what services, ports etc need to be running and allowed on network for Hyena to work properly?

Comment

Go to File->Manage Object View->Objects and click on that domain. Make sure the Type is set to Windows 2000/2003 Domain, and then use the browse button beside the ADSI Path box to have it enter the correct path information. Click Update to save the change and then OK to close that dialog.

Comment

Thanks. I have gone back out to the site to try this again. I now get the authentication credentials option, thanks for this. How do I ascertain the path information to provide?

Comment

You'll enter 'domain name\username' in the Authentication Credentials field.

Comment

I am getting an error when I select authentication details - saying a DNS formatted domain/path must be provided.

Do you have any tips on what I need to enter in the Object Manager Configuration - the few attempts I have made e.g. LDAP://domainname don't seem to work!

Comment

That needs to be the FQDN for the domain such as:

LDAP://domain.com

Comment

It's all working now. Thank you for persevering with this! It's greatly appreciated.

Arne

Comment

Working...
                      X