Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generate folder list with Owners & All Users List with their rights

Hi!
    I belive my question is simple, but, can you describe step by step how to generate report:

- The list of folders with Owner & All other users with their rights, the depth should be 4 folders

Thank you!

Re: Generate folder list with Owners & All Users List with their rights

Exporter Pro now allows you to specify the number of levels you want to search. Here are some instructions:

In Hyena you can select as many servers or computers as you like, and then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects.
    Click the Settings button, then double-click on Security Access.
    Check the box to Export Security Information and enter an Output File Name.

For share permissions, check the box for shares and choose the type of shares you want reported on. For NTFS file and directory permissions check the box for Files and Directories.

You'll also need a File/Directory template, so double-click on File/Directory. Click the New button at the bottom, give it a Template Name and an Output File Name. If you only want to search directories, check the box for that, then click the Add button beside Shared Directory Paths. Choose the shares you want, how far down you want it to scan, then click OK.

Security Access and File/Directory should be the only options enabled on this screen, if there is anything else enabled, double-click on them and disable them. When done, click Close and click Start Export.

When finished you can open the output file specified on the Security Access tab with Excel or Access.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
      <span style="font-weight: bold">Exporter Pro now allows you to specify the number of levels you want to search. Here are some instructions:

In Hyena you can select as many servers or computers as you like, and then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects.
      Click the Settings button, then double-click on Security Access.
      Check the box to Export Security Information and enter an Output File Name.

For share permissions, check the box for shares and choose the type of shares you want reported on. For NTFS file and directory permissions check the box for Files and Directories.

You'll also need a File/Directory template, so double-click on File/Directory. Click the New button at the bottom, give it a Template Name and an Output File Name. If you only want to search directories, check the box for that, then click the Add button beside Shared Directory Paths. Choose the shares you want, how far down you want it to scan, then click OK.

Security Access and File/Directory should be the only options enabled on this screen, if there is anything else enabled, double-click on them and disable them. When done, click Close and click Start Export.

When finished you can open the output file specified on the Security Access tab with Excel or Access. </span></div></div>

>Add button beside Shared Directory Paths. >Choose the shares you want, how far down >you want it to scan, then click OK

Sorry, but on this step I see only two options about depth:
      - Scan top-level of path only..
      - Sacn top-level and ALL the subfolders

Som how to replace the "ALL" into 4 or 5 subfolders??

Thank you!
      -

Comment

I'm sorry, but this is actually part of the beta for the next version of Hyena and won't be available until November. At this time you can't specify the number of levels.

Comment

Thanks!

This was just what I needed.

I was actually using this search, with no result (including to hopefully get on the engines)

where used groups
          where used groups file permissions
          where groups applied file server
          what permissions does a specific group have on this file server?
          what permissions does this user have on this server?

Your posting appears to answer these questions I submitted.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X