Indirect Groups in Hyena 7.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect Groups in Hyena 7.5?

I am unable to find a way to display indirect (nested) AD groups in Hyena 7.5b. Please advise.

TIA,
    Russell

Re: Indirect Groups in Hyena 7.5?

You can select your groups in the right-hand window, right-click and choose View Group Members->Direct and Indirect.

Comment

Re: Indirect Groups in Hyena 7.5?

Thanks for your quick response. That method does work when I'm viewing AD Groups in Hyena. I see now what is happening with the "missing" indirect groups. I was looking at a server's local admin group which contains an AD group that has AD groups nested within it, as well as direct user members. The nested groups are not listed as members when the parent AD group is expanded within Hyena from the server's "Local Groups" view. Only users that are direct members of the parent AD group show up. From what I understand from other posts, Hyena can't display indirect groups when the top-most parent is a local group. So we can see other groups in the first level of the Local Group, but can't see groups that are further down. It's interesting that AD users will display on the second level. I hope SystemTools finds a method to query back to AD for nested group membership when the parent group contains nested AD groups.

Comment

Working...
      X