Keep View In Reports Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep View In Reports Window

When I change the order of the columns in the report view, the view is not retained either for the particular object or any other objects of the same type. For example, by default the scheduled jobs view shows Computer, Id, Time, Command. If I move the Status and Exit Code columns so that the view shows Computer, Id, Status, and Exit Code, that view is gone the next time I come back to view scheduled jobs.

Is there a way to keep the modified views?

Thanks.

Re: Keep View In Reports Window

The views should always be maintained for you. Verify what version you are using, so that I can check to make sure nothing changed.

The non-AD view information is kept in the registry. For job information, its at:

HKCU\Software\Adkins Resource\Hyena\Win32

The values are named 'SchedColumn*', and the first column is 'SchedColumn0', etc. The values will be updated when you exit Hyena, so if you check to see what they are, then view the job information, change a column width, and exit, it you are using RegEdit or something to view the data, refresh it and it should change.

This is the test that I just ran and it worked as it should. About the only thing that will make this not work is if you are using something (Citrix, remote software) that won't allow or keep HKCU registry changes, or if you are using the double-click method of adjusting the right window column headers. Hyena v7.5, to be released in a couple of weeks, will also keep double-click adjustments.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

We’re currently running version 7.3. However, I downloaded 7.3 �B’ to one PC and it shows the same behavior. I’ve used multiple platforms running version 7.3 on XP Pro and Server 2003 and they all look the same. Neither column order nor width are saving.

I tried you suggestion of looking at the registry after starting Hyena, after changes to the columns were made, and after restart. The registry settings for �SchedColumn’ stay the same. Not that I think it will help, but I have screen shots if you’d like to see them.

Comment

Yes, go ahead and send them to [email protected] so we can see what you are doing and try to duplicate.

Comment

The information given above by kstanush is for column widths. When you resize a column, the size information is saved in the registry so that it will be the same the next time you open Hyena.

For what you are doing you need to go to Tools->Settings->Display and change the Display Mode to Scheduled Jobs. The left window shows the fields that are displayed and the order. You can change the order on the columns the way you want. Save that, restart Hyena and view jobs on a computer again.

Comment

That did it. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X