Batch job to multiple output files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch job to multiple output files

I'm trying to schedule exporter pro to run via command line. I can get it to run but I need it to export two different jobs to two different files. Is this possible?

Re: Batch job to multiple output files

Just setup two different jobs. The command line points to an INI configuration file, so just create a second configuration and point it to the output files you want. You'll have two jobs like:

stexport.exe /CONFIG=configuration_1.ini
    stexport.exe /CONFIG=configuration_2.ini

Comment

My apologies if I am making this too difficult, I am new to batch files. I am able to run both jobs as you suggested, however, the output is being dumped into a single file (ie. the second job overwrites what the first one did.) Am I missing a place where I can specify different output files? The one I found under File > Export Configuration Properties > Export Properites > Active Directory Tab > Group Members highlighted click Properties is global for all configurations it appears. If it helps I am exporting lists of members of all groups located under two different OUs.

Comment

Make a copy of the ini file, and the file called directoryqueries.cfg in your Hyena directory. Directoryqueries.cfg has your output file specifications for the AD exports, so you can change the filenames in there. Then open the copied ini file and change the name listed in there for directoryqueries.cfg to the copy you modified.

Comment

Almost there. I copied the CFG file and made the changes in it. However, I am unable to find where the INI file points to the DirectoryQueries.cfg file. Does it make a difference that I don't have Hyena, just exporter pro by itself?

Comment

You can get to it from the GUI, or in the INI file itself the line is:

AdCfgQueryFile=DirectoryQueries.CFG

Comment

I added that variable to the .ini file and it works like a charm. Thank you so much! My boss will be very happy!

Comment

Working...
              X