Clear All

• jackson
    replied
    Re: find DNS server(s)

thx, got it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Start in Hyena and select the computers you want to export against. You can multiple select objects in the right-hand window, then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export From Selected Objects.

Also, if you have the Enterprise Edition of Hyena you can select your computers in the right-hand window, then right-click and choose WMI->Execute Query and run it directly in Hyena.

Leave a comment:

• jackson
    replied

I can run Exporter Pro to get the information out of the WMI area but it runs for all computers on our network - ~5000; I stopped it, but can see the "DNSServerSearchOrder"

How do I restrict EP to just real servers or a list of machines? tx, jack

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Exporter Pro can do this for you. There is an export called Network Network Settings(TCP/IP), and a WMI query that might help too called Network Adapter Configuration.

Leave a comment:

• jackson
    started a topic find DNS server(s)

find DNS server(s)

nyidea how, in Hyena or otherwise, I can generate a report of DNS server(s)for a list of servers. We have ~300 servers some of which are using dns servers that have to be decommisioned. We need todetermine which those are - e.g. what servers out of our list of servers are getting dns from DNS2 (a certain dns server)
Working...
X