Questions about pulling reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about pulling reports

1. How do I produce a list of only the user objects in a given OU?
    2. For a given user, how do I generate a report of all the groups they are a member of
    3. How do I produce a report based on a specific user attribute, i.e. all users that belong to the Waterloo office.

Re: Questions about pulling reports

1. Once you click on Container/OU you should see the OU Filtering Toolbar at the bottom of Hyena. You can choose the object types that you want to view, then double-click on the OU you want.

2. You can click on a user or selection of users and go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export From Selected Objects. Click the Settings button then enable and run the export for User Group Membership.

3. You can display the attribute in Hyena's right-hand window, then use the Filter option on the toolbar to filter for those you are looking for.

Comment

Hi cmccullough,

Thank you for the fast response. I got #1 and #2 to work no problem, however I'm having problem with #3.

I have Hyena open and on the right-hand side I see all the objects within a given OU. I'm not exactly sure how to generate the report based on attribute (another example would be if I wanted a list of all users in a given city based on the City attribute of the user's ID).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
      3. You can display the attribute in Hyena's right-hand window, then use the Filter option on the toolbar to filter for those you are looking for.[/B]</div></div>

Comment

In the right-hand window do a Ctrl-a to select all of the users, then right-click and choose Query Active Directory->User(Detailed-Contact). You can also try the other queries to see the fields they have, or you can modify a query to get everything you need.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
          <span style="font-weight: bold">In the right-hand window do a Ctrl-a to select all of the users, then right-click and choose Query Active Directory->User(Detailed-Contact). You can also try the other queries to see the fields they have, or you can modify a query to get everything you need.</span></div></div>

I see the Select/Customize query option when I use the right-click menu, but where do I enter the attribute value to search on (say if we're sticking with the City example).

Comment

Run the query I gave above, then when you have the users displayed in the right-hand window you can click on the Filter icon on the toolbar and type in the search text in the box over the column you want to filter. You can also click on the column header to sort on that column.

Comment

Ok I think I know what you're talking about, however when I click the Filter icon from the tool bar I only have 4 columns from which to choose from - Directory Name, Description, Display Name, and Group Type. It doesn't expose all the other attributes that may be associated with a user (i.e. phone number, city, etc).

Comment

To view additional fields for those users, follow my instructions above where you right-click and choose Query Active Directory.

Comment

Working...
                X