Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmccullough
    Guest replied
    Re: Point the UNC path to the new server?

1) Yes, home directory templates can be configured for users shares.

2) Unfortunately this process won't copy the data, but will only copy the shares themselves.

Leave a comment:

• syslinux
    replied

Awesome, thanks, that's a wonderful news!

1) Our users' home directory is actually
    \\server\usernamehome$ and not the usual \\server\share\username so each user's home directory is shared. I guess I can test it out with Hyena and find out but would by creating a home template under Tools >Settings >Home Dir work in our case?

2) By right-click and choose Copy Shares To, does this also copy the share folders (data)?
    If it also copies the data then I wouldn't need to use Robocopy and I can simply use Hyena for everything.

Leave a comment:

• cmccullough
    Guest replied

1) You can create a home directory template under Tools->Settings->Home Dir. The template will point to the new server, and you can modify multiple users at once using the template.

2) Yes. You can select the shares on the source computer, right-click and choose Copy Shares To.

Leave a comment:

• syslinux
    started a topic Point the UNC path to the new server?

Point the UNC path to the new server?

I need to consolidate a few file servers (NT4 and 2003) to a single new file server (2003).
    I'm going to use robocopy to copy the files (shares) to the new file server.
    Then I need to change each user's home and profile's UNC path to point to the new server's. Our domain is an NT4 domain.
    1) Is this possible with Hyena without having to go to each user's properties and changing them?
    2) And does Hyena have a function to copy th e share permissions and or recreate the shares on the new target file server?

Thanks
Working...
X