Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing what resources a Group has access to

Hi all,

First off let me apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I only registered today and it will take a while to get the feel of things.

Secondly I am an auditor (please don't hold that against me) so may not be the most technically savvy user on the forum.

Lastly, and most importantly, my problem is I am looking for a way of showing all the resources a Window user Group has access to. e.g. Select Group X and then genrate a list of all shares, servers the Group can access.

I spoke to our network guys and they said cant be done.

Thanks in advance

Jymjar

Re: Showing what resources a Group has access to

The problem you run into is that in Windows there is no central place where file/directory/share permissions are stored. Permissions are stored at the object level, so an application has to go to each and every file/directory/share to see what permissions are set.

Our Exporter Pro utility that is included with Hyena has options to help with this particular task, though. It can search for a specific user or group across multiple computers. Depending on your network size and number of objects involved, the process can take quite a while to run, but in the end you get a file that has only the places that user/group has been granted access.

If you'd like to test this, send an email to [email protected] and we'll email you some instructions.

Comment

Working...
    X