Export Local Users and Groups for Specific Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Local Users and Groups for Specific Servers

Is there a quicker way to export a specific list of servers out of the domain rather than selecting each server in the right side pane of Hyena? I have an environment of 3000+ servers and I only need to extract the Local Users and Groups info from about 150 servers.

Re: Export Local Users and Groups for Specific Servers

You can multi-select the servers in the right window and run any export on them, but I'm not 100% sure what you mean. You can also create a grouping of your servers or put them into an OU and that way you can select all of them with Control-A.

You could also create a custom object list in Exporter Pro and then just recall it each time, but if your server list changes then you would have to add/remove entries. If your server list changes, some sortable attribute or custom OU is the easiest way to select them all.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

It's been a while since I've used the product but I seem to remember something about setting up a "qstation.dat" file of the specific servers to extract data from and then setting up the query...maybe using the Object Manager. Can you advise how to correctly configure the Object Manger and "qstation.dat" so that the Local Users and Groups data can be extracted for specific servers (regardless of OU location or the multiple, manual, selection of the servers in the right window)?

Comment

To import your list of computers, what you do is create a text file and name it qstation.dat. Your entries will look like:

ServerA Servers
        ServerB Servers
        ServerC Servers

There are 2 tabs between those. The Servers part I specified above is the grouping folder you will create, and can be named anything you want. Use the same one for all of these computers to keep them in the same grouping.

Then go to File->Manage Object View and click the button to Import Quick Access. Find the file you created and it should pull in the computers and put them in the group name you specified on each line (Servers in this example.)

Comment

Working...
        X