Reset List view after mod to Display column Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset List view after mod to Display column Users

I have reselected the current columns for "User details" in the settings Hyena 6.5 Enterprise Edition but my List View (right pane) of Users does not refresh to show the newly selected columns. Only the 3 default columns shows: User name, full name, Description. At some point in time the day before I was able to create the multi-column view, but today it disappeard and I am unable to recreate that same view...Is something broken or am I doing something wrong? Help please

Re: Reset List view after mod to Display column Users

I believe the "User Details" that you are referring to is for local/NT users. That particular view is accessable when you right click on the Users object for a Windows NT or local computer/server and select "View All User Details". You can control the columns and their order for this view under Tools->Settings->Display.

If you have a Windows 200x domain, then you should have the domain configured that way in Hyena, and this option would not be available to you. Instead, you would create one or more queries to show the view that you want, or use one of the detailed views that is already provided in Hyena.

Let us know what the type of domain is that you are working with and how you are viewing your user accounts.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

The object type = server. What I have done on my object configuration is reference the domain controller as just a server. We are running Windows2000. If I do a right click and select "View all User data" then I get the hour glass running...the windows task manager indicates the Hyena application is not responding.

I have figured out how to create custom queries (thank you, that works!!). Still need to gigure out why the appl is not responding when I select view all user data.

[This message has been edited by HFMUser (edited 12-21-2006).]

Comment

I'm not sure why you are getting the hourglass and not responding situation. Windows is basically not responding to Hyena's request for the users, not the other way around.

But if you have a Windows 2000 domain, then the domain should be added into Hyena as such, then you can get the users using AD functions, which makes everything change. The "View All User Details" function is only meant to be used on NT 4.0 domains or local computers/servers that are not using AD. Its limited to showing only the NT-era user attributes, so it will never show AD attributes added to Windows 200x.

You should also have your domain automatically added to Hyena when it runs, assuming you are logged into a domain account when you run it. But you can manually add a Windows 200x domain into Hyena by using File->Manage Object View. There is a section in the help file under Active Directory that explains how to do this.

Once the domain is entered, you can get any view of your users that you want to.

Let us know what you are seeing.

Thanks
        Kevin Stanush

Comment

I have changed my object type to Windows2000/2003 Domain Controller. Now I can pull in Tabular display most of the User data I need with a Container/OU query on the User Attributes, combined in a view with a couple attributes from general directory object (whencreated) and computer attributes (role and memberof group). However I am still missing a couple schema attributes and do not know where to find them to complete my query: Pwd Exp, Pwd Age, Pwd Left.

Comment

Some of these are not schema attributes, but were calculated in earlier views (for NT). But we don't have any calculation capabilities with AD. The only password related items that I can recall are pwdlastset, which is the last password set date. You also get more options if you add the domain in as a Windows 2000 domain instead of just a domain controller, although with a DC you get access/performance but you only get the OU/Container AD object.
            Kevin Stanush

Comment

Working...
            X