using ports with exporter pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using ports with exporter pro

how can i use specific ports when using exporter pro. Hyena seems to use a varying range of ports. I would like to define the port selected for different types of exports, including wmi exports

thanks

Re: using ports with exporter pro

Hyena/Exporter Pro don't actually manage communication, including ports. This is done by Windows.

What exactly are you running into?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
      <span style="font-weight: bold">Hyena/Exporter Pro don't actually manage communication, including ports. This is done by Windows.

What exactly are you running into?</span></div></div>

I am needing to be more secure in collecting information from multiple servers. We have DMZ rules that resrict the use of port access within DMZ, so if we can construct our exporter pro activities (from a central source) to be more restricted to use specific ports rather than variable port usage.

Comment

As Chuck indicated, we don't have any control over the ports used by our products, as Windows controls that. Microsoft is also not forthcoming with a list of what ports are used by their various subsystems. WMI probably uses an entirely different range of ports from other functions, as WMI is a newer technology that relies on a remote process to gather and return the information. You can search the board for WMI ports and find more information on what ports might be used for WMI.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X