X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gozzy
    replied
    Re: Urgent help needed

Thanks okes, like i say, im even new to AD,hehe so i dont know all the shortcuts and macros and command scripts how to make this easier for me hehe but ill give it a try and see what happens thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• kstanush
    replied

Since most of the things you seem to want to do deal with share security, your best option is to get a free utility like RmtShare.exe, from Microsoft, that can manage share permissions from a command file or script. Then, you would just use Excel or Access, or Hyena's Tools->Generate Macro option to create a command file for you to add/remove any user or groups you want from the share security.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

3.We have to then create a local group on the server, and ADD the GLOBAL group we just created, and ADD the GLOBAL into the LOCAL group.

This is the old NT4 way of administration. I feel for you in the amount of work you have ahead of you. It doesn't seem like any for thougt was put into this particular number. This method you have to go around and assign rights using local groups. Then when the server takes a dive or you need to move off the box. You have to fight with the issue of local groups.

Hyena will help you list all of your shares. That alone will reduce your time. You can also use Hyena to add user/group to local groups. So that should speed up things if you need to do mass transitions.

But you situation sounds like it is going to be almost complelty manual. Due to the task at hand.

Leave a comment:

• Gozzy
    started a topic Urgent help needed

Urgent help needed

Hi all Im new to this, but I just wanna find out if u guys can help me, were busy on this new project called "Share Lock Down" so basically, we have to secure each share, so this is what I need to do, but I cant seem to get it right in Hyena...ok well.. where do I begin.

1.We have 760servers to secure, so basically each share with the User "EVERYONE" in we have to delete, but at the moment im doing one share, one by one. Isnt there a way how to delete all the "EVERYONE" users in all the shares at the same time, and yeah some servers have more than 1000 shares? surely there must be a quicker way.

2. All the authorised users that must have access to the share, we have to create a GLOBAL group in AD, and then put all the AUTHORISED users in that GROUP (sometimes few hundred authorised users per share)

3.We have to then create a local group on the server, and ADD the GLOBAL group we just created, and ADD the GLOBAL into the LOCAL group.

4.Sometimes the shares are the same as the person thats authorised for it, so we have to basically take all the EVERYONE users out of it, and put in an ADMINISTRATOR and ONLY the person thats AUTHORISED for this, now to go through each SHARE, takes a lot of time, as there are sometimes HUNDREDS of SHARES with the SAME NAME as the USERS that are authorised for it.

We've done 250servers last week,and yeah we have to be done with this project by the end of next week,please help guys.

Shot okes
Working...
X