Password Expiration dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Expiration dates

Is there a way to search by expiration dates of the passwords? I can see when they changed their passwords. I need to be able to search for when a persons password expires so they can be notified about changing it.

Re: Password Expiration dates

You'll have to use Pwd Last Set and calculate from that date to make the determination of when a password will expire.

Comment

Couple of questions Gordon.
      Do you set password expiration dates when creating new users? Also, Domain environments tell the user when they need to change their password. You can adjust this setting in group policies if your running AD. If their workgroup machines you can use gpedit.msc and set that information under computer configuration, security settings, account policies, password policy.

Unless you have some reason to personal warn users when their passwords are going to expire.

Comment

I inherited this environment over a year ago. Everyone's password was set to never expire. I am slowly phasing this out and new employees have passwords that will expire every 90 days. Everything works well in the office, but most of the employees are not here. The unique thing is that 90 percent of our employees are auditors who are hired, given a laptop and sent out the door. Some of these people come in the office once in a while, some connect to VPN and others never come back to the office, never use VPN and only use Outlook Web Access. Most of them are accountants so having them change their password is tough to say the least. I am trying to find a good way to determine password expiration and warn them. Microsoft has a tool called Password Expiration Warning Application that will email users when their passwords will expire but that is command line. I was thinking if I could do a search for expiring passwords, put them all in a group and then email that group it might be easier. All of this to try and make life on the Help Desk more hassle free.

Comment

Working...
        X