X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solinear
    replied
    Re: AD group membership collection vs. NT collection

Great, that looks like it did what I needed. Now I'm down to the 4 fields I want + that worthless adspath field (that I can exclude in Access).

Leave a comment:

• kstanush
    replied
    Re: AD group membership collection vs. NT collection

There isn't any mechanism in AD to query both a group as well as individual fields of members, but we do have a method that is undocumented to change the fields (attributes) that we get for each group member. To try it, go to this post:
    http://www.systemtools.com/board/For...ML/000291.html

Let us know if you have any problems or questions.

Leave a comment:

• solinear
    started a topic AD group membership collection vs. NT collection

AD group membership collection vs. NT collection

When I do a group members list from NT, I get the following fields (exactly how I want them, btw):

Group Name | Group Type | Member Name | Member Type

However, when I do a group members list from AD, I want 4 things

(Group) name | grouptype | cn (user common name) | objecttype (Member Type)

However, no matter what I do, I get the following:

adspath | (Group) name | grouptype | member | distinguishedname | cn | displayname | description | objectclass | samaccountname | useraccountcontrol | IS_PRIMARY | INDIRECT_MEMBER_PARENT

I understand that some of these items are impossible to get rid of currently (adspath... useless for me), but I really would like to limit the fields that I am receiving, because I'm not liking the 12+GB worth of text document between the Universal, Global and Local groups.

The query properties has the following options selected:

Query Attributes:

adspath
    name
    grouptype

How do I get my fields down from 13 to a more reasonable number of 5 or 6? At the very least I'd love to shrink the file size down to a single GB (I don't really need to see some HUGE string of data for a single membership object).

[This message has been edited by solinear (edited 08-22-2006).]
Working...
X