Unable to connect to registery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to registery

I try to connect to a logical disk performance counter on a server and I get the following:

Unable to connecto to registery of '\SJMCEX1'. The network path was not found.

I get similar errors if I try any other function on that server. I am able to run perfmon from my desktop and attach to the counters. What might I be missing?

Re: Unable to connect to registery

If you are in an AD domain, try this quick test:

Go to Tools->Settings->Active Directory and check the box to Use DNS Computer Paths. Try viewing the information for that computer again.

Comment

I tried that - didn't hurt or help. I am able to connect to other servers in the domain.

Comment

Are you finding this server in the Servers folder? If so, my last test wouldn't make any difference. If that is the case, either find that same server in Containers/OUs or in the Computers folder. Try again and see what that does.

Comment

Problem solved - was my error. I had the server defined as part of a subgroup of servers but it was defined with only one leading backslash, rather than the required two. Your clue was helpful. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X