collecting printer IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collecting printer IP

Can Exporter collect printers ip info. as well? If not, what tool does that? Thanks.

Re: collecting printer IP

You might try web jet admin if your running HP printers.

Comment

This sounds like it might be possible with WMI, if you can find a class that reports on printers.
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but Hyena's Exporter couldn't obtain IP printers information unless it was being shared by a print server? It would have to be an object in active directory.

[This message has been edited by Trammel (edited 05-16-2006).]

Comment

I don't think that ip address is part of the information that is returned by Windows when you look at the Printers object in Hyena. The columns that Hyena shows you are the only ones that are returned by the Microsoft EnumPrinters API. Exporter PRo has the same limitation (uses the same function). But and AD printers object could have an ip address attribute if that is part of the AD schema (and it was populated with the values by the printer driver, manually, etc.).

But WMI has its own classes and those are implemented by Who-knows, so it might be possible to get a WMI class to report the ip information and bypass AD, that way your printers don't have to be registered in AD.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X