Running Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Queries

I am currently using Hyena v6.3 and I am having issues with running queries. I know how to create the queries, and I also have figured out how to run those queries on All Users within the domain. However how do I run the query against a certain OU or group of users? I truly would like to be able to open up any OU, and then run the newly created query against just the selected users or users within a specific OU.

Any ideas???

Re: Running Queries

You can select the users in the right window, then right-click and choose Tabular Views. These queries are the Active Directory User queries under File->Manage Object View->AD Queries.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, however that did not work.

When I tried that solution previously, and now once again, all I get are the options to run the User (Detailed) and User (Contact) queries. However when I do that exact same thing at against 'All Users', only then do I get the option to run all of the queries that I have created. When I pick a subset of users, I can only run the User (Detailed) and User (Contact) queries.

If there are no other solutions, can I modify those two queries (User-Detailed and User-Contact)so they act like the ones that I have already built?

Comment

Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer on my response. The All Users queries only run when you right-click All Users. When you select users, then right-click, you are running the Active Directory User queries.

To modify these, go to File->Manage Object View->AD Queries. Change the Query Type to Active Directory User, then you'll see the queries already defined that you can modify. You can also create new queries and they will show up when you right-click on selected users.

Comment

Working...
        X