NTFS folder permissions report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFS folder permissions report

When viewing the NTFS permissions on a folder, I only can see the groups. Is there any way for Hyena to pull the actual members so when I run the report it shows what permissions each member of the group has to the folder?

Sorry guys. I know I posted this in the wrong section.

[This message has been edited by PepNYC (edited 02-10-2006).]

Re: NTFS folder permissions report

It is going to dump the ACL data, but won't epxand out the members of the groups. You would have to run a separate Group Members export, then tie the two files together through Access or something like that.

Comment

Oh poo...

Comment

Sorry to dredge this up again, but this is exactly what I'm looking for. I can view this information, but cannot export it for multiple servers. Every time I export, I get file information but no access information (in other words, who has access to the file.

cmccullough, can you point me to the export option I need to see who has access to particular directories/files on multiple servers.

Thanks!

Comment

There are some instructions here:
          http://www.systemtools.com/board/For...ML/000696.html

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I got it to work after some wrangling. For some reason, it would not read the created text file unless the text file ended in .dat.txt .

Also, Exporter Pro 2.0 was required. I could not get it to work with the Exporter Pro shipped with 6.5 (the latest version for which we have a license).

Thanks again!!!

Comment

A file extension of that is not required. It sounds like a file association issue. A .TXT file is usually associated with Notepad, and .DAT with Excel, and that might be your issue.
              Kevin Stanush
              SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X